What is a mentor?
Mentors are trusted individuals who provide compassionate guidance and develop meaningful relationships with A New Beginning participants.
Responsibilities of a Mentor
- Participate in mentor orientation and training as required
- Follow all guidelines set forth by program and organization
- Commit to meet with the participant for 1 hour per week for at least 6 months
- Be willing to accompany client to Celebrate Recovery/NA/AA until they are comfortable going without you
- Commit to work with participant for up to 6 months after completing the program
- Provide written updates to Director
In addition, we ask that Mentors
- Be willing to mentor to those not wishing to hear about God, but doing so in a way that shows His love
- Conduct weekly discipleship training and teaching of Biblical values and morals
- Encourage clients to attend church and become a Christian
*A New Beginning is not a faith-based program and does not require participants to take part in religious activities. However, A New Beginning Founder and directors believe the love of Jesus and hope offered through faith in Him is a key success factor in participants’ life change. A weekly Bible service is offered at BMT Manufacturing, and mentors will further discuss faith if the participant wishes. Participants are not required or pressured to attend the service or engage in faith conversations, but those who have typically see greater success in the program.